ANATOMY IN 3D
MINI WORKSHOP: The upper limb
Class Fee* Class: $230.00 (Early) $245.00 (Regular)
SAT 11:30am - 6:00pm
Take a deep dive into the joints, muscles and movements of the upper limb using the Anatomy in Three Dimensions™ system. Building the muscles yourself on a specially designed skeleton called a Maniken® deepens your understanding of this complex and essential area. Learn the key landmarks, joint mechanics and action of the bones along with the origin, insertion and action of the muscles to gain a three dimensional understanding of the upper limb. Exercises for each muscle as well as each muscle group are included to help you use the information immediately.
PREPARE FOR YOUR COURSE
Our mini workshops are ideal for short anatomy intensives on specific musculature and function. Combined, these individual segments satisfy the comprehensive course and anatomy requirement for Balanced Body Pilates instructor training programs.
- Pelvis and Leg
- Deep Core and Pelvic Floor
- Shoulder Girdle and Upper Arm
- Lower Leg and Foot
To become a fully qualified Balanced Body Mat Instructor, students must complete the following:
- Anatomy (strongly recommended for mat, required for comprehensive)
- Balanced Body Mat 1 - Course work, written and practical test (16 hours)
- Balanced Body Mat 2 - Course work, written and practical test (16 hours)
- 25 Personal Sessions and 45 Mat Student Teaching Hours OR
- 20 Mat Personal Sessions and 15 Observation Hours and 35 Student Teaching Hours
- Balanced Body Final practical and written exam (Test Out)
Total hours for completion of Mat program: 102 hours (not including anatomy)
In order to be the best Pilates instructor you can be, a solid foundation in Anatomy and in the principles of Pilates are required. The following courses are offered for students who do not have the appropriate background. Not all students will be required to take anatomy. If you have prior and relevant coursework, speak with the education department about opting out of the requirement.
Upon completion of all the requirements, a certificate of completion as a Balanced Body Mat Instructor will be issued.