FEBRUARY 23 - 25
Introduction to Pilates & Beginning/Intermediate Exercises
Class Fee* Class: $425.00 (Early) $475.00 (Regular)
Materials Fee (Manual & Video**): $80.00
FRI 12:00pm - 6:00pm / SAT 11:00am - 6:00pm / SUN 8:00am - 12:00pm
Balanced Body Mat 1 includes an introduction to the history and principles of Pilates, a review of core anatomy, beginning and most intermediate level exercises with modifications, lectures on class order and programming in a fitness setting and guidelines for safely teaching seniors and pre-, and post-natal classes.
ACE = 1.6 PMA = 16.0
PREPARE FOR YOUR COURSE
Recommended Prerequisites: 1 year experience teaching movement, anatomy, 20 Pilates Mat class sessions.
To become a fully qualified Balanced Body Mat Instructor, students must complete the following:
- Anatomy (strongly recommended)
- Balanced Body Mat 1 - Course work, written and practical test (16 hours)
- Balanced Body Mat 2 - Course work, written and practical test (16 hours)
- 25 Personal Sessions and 45 Mat Student Teaching Hours OR
- 20 Mat Personal Sessions and 15 Observation Hours and 35 Student Teaching Hours
- Balanced Body Final practical and written exam (Test Out)
Total hours for completion of Mat program: 102 hours (not including anatomy)
Upon completion of all the requirements, a certificate of completion as a Balanced Body Mat Instructor will be issued.