OCTOBER 5 - 7
Introduction to Reformer & Beginning Exercises and Pilates Principles
Class Fee* Class: $525.00 (Early) $575.00 (Regular)
Materials Fee (Manual & Video**): $80.00
FRI 12:00pm - 6:00pm / SAT 11:00am - 6:00pm / SUN 8:00am - 12:00pm
Reformer 1 and Pilates Movement Principals introduces you to the bio mechanical foundation of the Pilates method and to the essential components of functional core strength, lumbo-pelvic and scapular stability, as well as assessing and correcting alignment and improving flexibility. Pre-Pilates exercises are included for teaching these key principles to your clients and classes. Reformer I includes an introduction to the Pilates Reformer, including set-up and safety, beginning exercises, program sequencing and teaching tips for group classes. By the end of the course you will be able to teach a beginning Reformer class or personal training session.
ACE = 1.4 PMA = 18.0
PREPARE FOR YOUR COURSE
Recommended Prerequisites: 2 years experience teaching movement, anatomy, 30 Pilates Reformer classes or personal training sessions
To become a fully qualified Balanced Body Reformer Instructor, students must complete the following:
- Balanced Body Mat I and II Instructor training modules or equivalent (102 hours)*
- Balanced Body Reformer I, II and III Instructor training modules
- Reformer: 50 personal sessions; 100 student teaching hours -or- 30 personal sessions; 30 observation hours; 90 student teaching hours
- Mat: 25 personal sessions; 45 student teaching hours -or- 20 personal sessions; 15 observation hours; 35 student teaching hours
- Balanced Body Final practical and written exam (Test Out)
Total hours for completion of Reformer program: 312 hours (including course work, anatomy, & practical)
Upon completion of all the requirements, a certificate of completion as a Balanced Body Reformer Instructor will be issued.
*If you have successfully completed a mat program from another training provider, it is possible to apply previous mat work toward your training requirements. Please call Balanced Body at 1-800-PILATES to see if you are exempt from additional mat requirements.