Years of Teaching: Since 2012
Education / Certifications:
· PMA Certified Pilates Instructor
· Doctor of Physical Therapy from University of California, San Francisco/San Francisco State University
· Board Certified Orthopedic Clinical Specialist in Physical Therapy
· Graduate of Kaiser Hayward Physical Therapy Mentorship in Advanced Orthopedic Manual Therapy
· BA in Dance from University of California, Irvine
Specialties: Jenny is a manual and movement therapist, specializing in the treatment of orthopedic injuries. She is trained in joint mobilization techniques, deep tissue techniques, neuromuscular re-education, pre and post-operative rehab, and corrective exercise prescription.
Personal Story: Jenny was first introduced to Pilates as a means to improve her ballet technique while studying at San Francisco Ballet School. Initially, Jenny struggled to connect with Pilates, as she didn’t understand the purpose or how to perform the movements being asked of her. It wasn’t until college, under the guidance of Diane Diefenderfer, that Jenny experienced a connection to Pilates. Jenny was inspired by Diane’s ability to perform the Pilates repertoire with grace and fluidity, as well as Diane’s dedication to teaching and instilling the same movement qualities in her students.
Fun Fact: I am an only child. My parents gave me an appreciation for the outdoors and took me on my first week-long backpacking trip when I was 10.
WITH A VARIETY OF TEACHING STYLES AND BACKGROUNDS, IT'S EASY TO FIND YOUR FIT.